Nutritionist/Dietitian Services and Weight Loss Counseling at Avance Care
At Avance Care, our registered dietitians are here to help you, no matter where you are on your journey to better health. There is no one-size-fits-all approach for nutrition. Our nutrition counseling is tailored to your specific health needs and our registered dietitians are specially trained to assist with weight management, diabetes/prediabetes, heart health, gastrointestinal concerns, and emotion and disordered eating. We offer specialized programs to address weight concerns, blood sugar management, and emotional eating, as well as create customized nutrition and lifestyle plans for a wide variety of needs.
We improve the health of our patients by:
- Partnering with you to develop a lifestyle and eating plan that is sustainable
- Creating tailored food plans to help manage chronic diseases or reach other goals, such as fitness or weight management
- Teaching how to listen to your body’s natural cues for hunger and fullness
- Ordering mindful eating practice
- Coaching and counseling, using behavioral techniques designed to help build new habits and change old habits
- Promoting self-care techniques, such as sleep hygiene, stress management, mindfulness and relaxation techniques
- Reducing risk for chronic disease and complications through the healing power of foods and physical activity you enjoy
- Developing a healthier relationship with food
Remember, small changes in your lifestyle make a huge difference for your health! Research shows that nutrition and lifestyle interventions start to generate positive effects in the body immediately.
Other Avance Nutrition Service offerings include: body composition analysis, healthy recipe development, access to online weight loss support group, diabetes group workshops, and grocery store tours.
Meet Your Registered Dietitian
A licensed dietitian/nutritionist is a nutrition professional who has met defined academic and professional requirements and is recognized as your most credible source of nutrition information. In addition, RDNs are trained how to use evidence-based nutrition recommendations to prevent and control disease. Our RDNs are also trained in providing comprehensive diabetes education for our patients and hold additional specialty certifications in weight management, personal training, and diabetes management.
2. Before beginning therapy, our Specialty Services Coordinator helps you understand your insurance coverage. Nutrition Services are covered by most insurance plans at no cost to you. Avance Care provides in-network nutrition services to members of:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
If your plan has a co-payment or deductible requirement, our coordinators will let you know prior to your scheduled appointment. If you do not have insurance coverage for this service, please discuss our affordable self-pay packages with your specialty services coordinator.
What We Offer:
- Effective weight loss and weight management solutions.
- Nutrition interventions for pre-diabetes, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, heart disease and many other conditions.
- Program designed to curb emotional eating.
- Customized nutrition and lifestyle care plans.
- Ongoing support, coaching and monitoring to ensure your success.
- For more resources on nutrition and recipes that support healthy living, visit the blog.
How Much Will This Cost?
Most insurers will cover nutritional counseling provided by a Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist. Currently, Avance Care provides in-network services to members of Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS), Cigna, Aetna/Coventry, UnitedHealthcare, and Medicare. We also offer these services at an affordable rate if you need to pay for the services as an out of pocket expense. To learn more about this service and benefits that may be available to you click here.
Latest Nutrition Resources
Written by: Nadeen N. Risi, MS, RDN, LDN Prep Time: 5-10 minutes Makes: 3 servings Ingredients 3 medium sized fresh tomatoes, stems removed (about 1 to 1 ½ pounds) ½ red onion, chopped 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and ribs removed Juice from 1 lime ½ cup chopped cilantro...read more
Written by: Julia Berkelhammer, MS, RDN, LDN Makes: 16 servings Ingredients 1 ½ cups quick cooking oats1 cup cooked quinoa1 teaspoon baking powder⅓ cup sugar¼ cup flax seeds1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium)2 eggs2 tablespoons nut butter2 tablespoons fresh lemon...read more
Written by: Julia Berkelhammer, MS, RDN, LDN Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 8 minutes Makes: 6 kebobs (skewers approximately 9" in length) Ingredients 1 cup fresh pineapple 1 cup of raw peach 1 cup fresh plums All juice from the fruit 3 teaspoons honey 1 teaspoon...read more
Written by: Grace Burton, MS, RDN, LDN Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 6 hours Makes: 4 servings Ingredients 1, 15 ounce can of no salt added corn, rinsed and drained 1, 15 ounce can of no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken...read more
Written by: Grace Burton, MS, RDN, LDN Prep Time: 5 minutes + 4 hours in the refrigerator Cook Time: N/A Makes: 1 serving Ingredients ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk¼ cup pumpkin puree½ teaspoon vanilla extractStevia or Truvia for...read more
Written by: Sarah Muniz, RD, LDNPrep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 1 hourMakes: 14 servingsIngredients3 pints cherry tomatoes 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil 3 cloves minced garlic ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper ¼ cup sliced fresh basil 1 tablespoon...read more