Managing a gastrointestinal issue can be challenging. Our dietitians are here to help you navigate dietary restrictions and improve gut health to help manage symptoms like diarrhea, indigestion, constipation, pain, gas, or bloating caused by conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, or Crohn’s disease.
Our dietitians develop personalized, comprehensive plans and establish an ongoing relationship with you to implement sustainable changes. We can help you understand your condition and how food and lifestyle impact your body and can provide evidence-based guidance on dietary approaches and supplements.
We offer one-on-one nutrition counseling and a free virtual support group for those with GI conditions.
Virtual GI Support Group
In this free group, we will be working together with specialists from nutrition, gastroenterology, behavioral health, and more to provide information on living with and managing an array of GI conditions and symptoms. We will also be providing a space for individuals with GI conditions to connect, discuss personal experiences, and engage in support.
This support group is for anyone who deals with GI disturbances such as:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), also known as acid reflux
- Celiac disease
- Other chronic GI conditions
Schedule an appointment with a nutritionist.
Not sure if this support group is for you?
Consider these four ways that participating in a GI support group can improve your health and well-being:
- Sometimes having a chronic condition or gastrointestinal concerns can feel isolating. Having a support group means you are never alone in managing your condition.
- Support groups provide a lot of practical advice for GI ailments that comes from others with experience managing it themselves.
- Support groups provide personal connections, which is what makes them so effective. Members often have similar challenges and can help each other through tough times and problem solving.
- Guest speakers and rotating topics connect you to new therapies, research and community resources, helping you stay cutting edge with managing your health.
To learn more, call 919.237.1337 or fill out the interest form, and someone will be in touch with you.