This simple key lime pie recipe will be the hit of your next summer get-together! The filling uses a combination of light cream cheese and low-fat yogurt to reduce the fat without compromising the sweet and tart flavor. To cut down on prep time, you can use a pre-made graham cracker crust and skip to the directions for the pie filling.
6 sheets graham crackers
3 tablespoons cold whipped butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ teaspoons gelatin
½ cup key lime juice, fresh squeezed or bottled
1 – 6 ounce pack light cream cheese
1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
Key lime slices, optional for garnish
Whipped cream, optional for garnish
For the graham cracker crust
- Place the graham crackers, butter, and sugar into a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and pulse a few more times until it has a coarse texture.
- Press the crumbs into an 8-inch pie dish, making the crust 1/8-inch thick evenly all around the bottom and sides.
- Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes before baking it to let it set.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake until the edges are golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the crust cool before filling.
For the pie filling
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the lime juice with the gelatin and stir.
- Warm the remaining 6 tablespoons of key lime juice in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Add quickly to bowl and mix well to dissolve the gelatin.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer combine the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and lime zest until mixed thoroughly. Then add in the key lime juice and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the crust and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with key lime slices and whipped cream, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 228, Fat: 8g, Protein: 5g, Carbohydrates: 35g, Fiber: 1g, Sodium: 275mg
Adapted from: Key Lime Yogurt Pie (skinnytaste.com)
Learn about our Nutrition Services here.