Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Written by: Nadeen Risi, MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 medium banana, mashed
¼ cup uncooked oatmeal
½ cup egg whites
1 scoop vanilla protein (we used ON Gold Standard Whey Protein)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Non-stick cooking spray
Dried banana chips or chopped walnuts for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the rack in the center of the oven.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients except the banana chips or walnuts
- Line a muffin tin with liners and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill each liner about 2/3 of the way full.
- Top each uncooked muffin with garnish of choice.
- Cook muffins in oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until a toothpick can be stuck in the center of a muffin and brought out clean.
Serving Size: 1 muffin (with 2 banana chips as garnish)
Calories: 170, Fat: 7g, Protein: 15g, Carbohydrates: 11g, Fiber: 2g, Sodium: 382mg
Nutrition Tip: Ever tried finding something sweet to pack in your child’s lunch but tired of putting in cookies or sugar-packed granola bars? This protein-packed, naturally sweetened lunchtime snack gives your kid a treat with the reassurance that they are getting in the best nutrition.