Written by: Nadeen Elhaddad MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 40-50 minutes
Serving Size: 5 meatballs
Looking for a new lunch meal prep idea? This recipe can be made in an afternoon and provides balanced protein and carbohydrate intake. Pair it with your favorite roasted vegetable and you have a balanced lunch that is sweet and spicy at the same time.
For the meatballs:
2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
1 cup panko breadcrumbs (whole wheat preferred)
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the sauce:
1/4 cup Sriracha
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls- roughly 40 meatballs, and spaced evenly on 2 baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake meatballs for 20-25 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- While meatballs are cooking, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking continuously. Reduce and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes (the sauce will thicken).
- Once meatballs are finished cooking, toss in the thickened sauce.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables – I recommend roasted Brussels sprouts or broccoli.
Calories: 303, Fat: 10g, Protein: 25.5g, Carbohydrates: 24.8g, Fiber: 1g, Saturated Fat: 3g