Haricots Verts Salad
Written by: Elizabeth Elam, MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and divided (walnuts are a great substitute)
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
½ teaspoons salt, divided
½ teaspoons pepper, divided
16 large basil leaves
1 ½ pounds haricots verts (green beans are a great substitute)
3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, heat the garlic and oil and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine garlic and oil mixture with 1 tablespoon pine nuts, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper, and basil.
- Place green beans in boiling water and cook until crisp-tender (about 4 minutes) and drain.
- Remove green beans from boiling water and rinse under cold water, drain.
- Place green beans in a large bowl and add basil mixture and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt. Toss the mixture to coat the green beans.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons nuts and tomatoes.
Serving Size: ¾ cup
Calories: 76, Fat: 4.9g, Protein: 2.3g, Carbohydrates: 7.6g, Fiber: 3.3g, Sodium: 150mg
Nutrition Tip: This simple green bean salad is a perfect display of summer produce. Fresh green beans tossed in a flavorful mixture of pesto and sundried tomatoes make for a perfect side dish. Try it paired with grilled chicken or fish or toss it with a can of rinsed and drained beans for a vegetarian option.
Adapted from: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/haricots-verts-salad