Written by: Julia Bumpus, MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Makes: 6 kebobs (skewers approximately 9″ in length)
1 cup fresh pineapple
1 cup of raw peach
1 cup fresh plums
All juice from the fruit
3 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Turn on grill to preheat while you prepare the kebobs.
- Over a bowl, cut fruit into approximately 1” chunks, saving as much juice as possible. The goal is to salvage the juice in the bowl.
- Put fruit onto skewers, rotating between pineapple, peaches, and plums. Each 9” skewer should hold approximately 9 pieces of fruit.
- Pour the collected juice over the kebobs and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place kebobs on hot grill and cook roughly 4 minutes.
- Flip kebobs over and cook another 4 minutes. Time may vary but the fruit should be golden brown.
- Serve one warm kebob over ½ cup of the frozen yogurt.
- Drizzle with ½ teaspoon of honey and enjoy.
Serving Size: 1 kebob and ½ cup frozen yogurt
Calories: 141, Fat: 1g, Protein: 4g, Carbohydrates: 30g, Fiber: 1g, Sodium: 60mg
Nutrition Tip: Finally, the perfect way end to your summer cook out! This dessert is light and refreshing but sweet enough to satisfy! If you prefer more decadence, drizzle fruit with butter and brown sugar and serve with ice cream. However you choose to make it, this simple but delicious treat is sure to please.