If you find yourself rushing in the mornings, forced to skip breakfast, these make ahead Easy Egg Muffin Cups are here to help! They are simple to prep ahead, highly customizable to suit everyone’s tastebuds, and easy to grab and eat as you walk out the door.
Easy Egg Muffin Cups
6 egg cups
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk or unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/3 chopped onion
- 4 mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped spinach
- Pepper to taste
- Olive oil, nonstick spray, or butter for muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a nonstick muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Can use butter or brush olive oil onto muffin tin to make nonstick. Set aside.
- Whisk the 6 eggs in a bowl with milk of choice
- Place some of the onion, mushroom, and spinach into each muffin cup. Pour the egg mixture on top, leaving about one quarter inch at the top.
- Bake the egg cups for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Using a butterknife, go around the edge of each cup. Pop out the egg cups.
- Enjoy now or store in fridge/freezer for later use. To reheat the egg cups, place in microwave for 30-40 seconds on HIGH or until warm. Enjoy!
- Keeps in the refrigerator for 6 days. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Note: These are highly customizable. Recommend not using more than 2-3 add in ingredients per muffin cup. Other examples could include tomatoes, goat cheese, kale, bell peppers, basil, chorizo, chicken sausage, Canadian bacon, cheddar cheese, and asparagus.
Serving Size: 1 egg cup
Calories: 76; Fat: 5 grams; Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams; Protein: 7 grams; Carbohydrates: 0.5 grams; Fiber: 1 gram; Sodium: 65 mg
Adapted from: https://asassyspoon.com/healthy-egg-muffin-cups/