Written by: Christina Dauer, MPH, RD, LD/N, CDE
Learning that you or a loved one has diabetes can be a shock. But why settle for surviving with diabetes when you can thrive? Facing the life-long challenge of managing diabetes can be overwhelming for you or your loved one’s emotional and physical health. Avance Care’s diabetes workshop series offers an opportunity to join others in developing practical strategies that make managing diabetes easier and even enjoyable!
Through these workshops, you can:
- Share your experiences and learn from others with diabetes in an empowering, non-judgmental atmosphere.
- Develop a variety of skills through hands-on activities, including healthy grocery shopping, meal planning, blood sugar monitoring, and stress management.
- Taste test various snacks and other products.
- Learn practical and enjoyable management strategies from our registered dietitian and behavioral wellness specialist.
The series offers four core workshops, with other special education topics offered throughout the year. The core workshops includes:
- Introduction to Diabetes
- Eating for Health
- Stress Management and Total Body Wellness
- Healthy Hearts and Preventing Complications
Classes are offered at the Avance Care Garner Location on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings, with other Avance locations adding classes throughout 2018. These classes may be covered by your insurance. Our coordinators will contact your insurance provider to verify your benefits.
To learn more and see class dates and times, visit us at https://www.avancecare.com/services/thriving-with-diabetes/