Written by: Julia Bumpus, MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
1 10 oz bag of frozen cauliflower rice
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce (use tamari if you desire a gluten free dish)
1 clove garlic, minced
½ small onion, finely diced
½ cup frozen peas & carrots
- Add sesame oil, garlic & onion to a pan and heat over medium heat. Cook 3 to 4 minutes to soften onions.
- Add the cauliflower “rice” to the sauté pan along with soy sauce. Stir to combine, cover and cook approximately 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy.
- Move cauliflower rice to one side of the pan. Crack the egg directly onto the pan and scramble to mix the egg yolk and white.
- Thoroughly mix egg into the rice.
- Add the peas and carrots. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
Calories: 262, Fat: 11g, Protein: 12g, Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 9g, Sodium: 782mg
Nutrition Tip: You cannot not ask for an easier healthy meal! The smells from the kitchen will scream “comfort food” and yet this meal will not sabotage your nutrition goals! The egg thickens up the cauliflower to a fried rice texture that is sure to please. It’s lower carb, higher fiber and a good protein source. Best part, it takes no time at all. Enjoy!