Zucchini Parmesan Crisps
Nutrition Fact: August 8th was National Zucchini Day. Celebrate with these veggie “chips” that will have your kids begging for more vegetables. Roasting vegetables is a great alternative to fried vegetables as it decreases the amount of fat and calories while still providing that satisfying crunch all kids love. And did you know? Zucchini is high in Vitamin C that can help prevent illness as kids head back to school!
Cook Time: 50 min
Makes: 4, ½ cup servings
2 medium zucchinis
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
1/8 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper.
- Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per ½ cup):
Calories: 100cal, Fat: 6g, Carbohydrates: 8.5g, Fiber: 1.5g, Protein: 5g, Sodium: 222mg