Southwestern Beef & Bean Burger Wraps
Nutrition Fact: Celebrate National Hamburger Day (July 28th) with these high fiber burgers your whole family will enjoy! Adding beans to burgers reduces the amount of fat while adding fiber, which can assist in preventing chronic disease, improve gastrointestinal health and improve satiety. And bonus, replacing some meat with beans will save you money as beans are a cheap, healthy source of protein!
Makes: 4 Wraps
12oz 95% lean ground beef
1 cup low-sodium refried beans
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp. chopped jalapenos with seeds removed
½ cup canned salsa
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
4 Flat-Out wraps or Whole wheat tortillas
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
½ cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
1 avocado peeled and pitted
- Position oven rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Gently combine ground beef, beans, cilantro and jalapenos in a medium bowl (do not overmix). Shape into four 5-by-2-inch patties and place on the prepared pan.
- Broil the patties until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 165°F (12 to 14 minutes).
- Meanwhile, mash together avocado, salsa and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Place tortillas on a clean work surface. Spread each with the guacamole, then sprinkle with lettuce and cheese. Top each with a burger and roll into a wrap.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories: 447cal, Fat: 20 g, Protein: 35g, Carbohydrate: 33g, Fiber: 10g, Sodium: 660mg, Cholesterol: 75mg