Salmon and Roasted Vegetables Sheet Pan Recipe
Written by: Doris Nicolas-Mir, MPH, RDN, LDN, CDCES
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Many of us are looking to add more variety to our meals and this dish is sure to become part of your dinner rotation. This sheet pan recipe is a great way to save time in the kitchen with minimal prep and clean-up. If you don’t have fresh broccoli, a pack of frozen broccoli florets will work too. The mayonnaise-based sauce helps keep the salmon moist and the chili powder adds a spicy kick. Together with the broccoli and sweet potatoes you have a complete meal.
3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
½ teaspoon salt, divided
¼ teaspoon black pepper, divided
4 cups broccoli florets
1 ¼ pounds salmon filets, cut into 4 portions
2 limes, 1 zested and juiced, 1 cut into wedges for serving
¼ cup crumbled feta or cotija cheese
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine mayonnaise and chili powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 2 teaspoons of oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Spread on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, toss broccoli with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in the same bowl.
- Remove the baking sheet from oven. Stir the sweet potatoes and move them to the sides of the pan. Arrange salmon in the center of the pan and spread the broccoli on either side, among the sweet potatoes. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture over the salmon. Bake until the sweet potatoes are tender and the salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add lime zest and lime juice to the remaining 1 tablespoon mayonnaise; mix well.
- Divide the salmon among 4 plates and top with cheese and cilantro. Divide the sweet potatoes and broccoli among the plates. Serve with lime wedges and the remaining sauce.
Serving Size: 4 ounces salmon, 1 ¼ cup of vegetables, 2 teaspoons of sauce
Calories: 504, Fat: 11g, Protein: 34g, Carbohydrates: 34g, Fiber: 7g, Sodium: 642mg