This fresh summer vegetable dish can be used as a lunch prep alternative, dinner option or appetizer. Although it is a very simple recipe, it has a flavorful profile and is easy to make in under 20 minutes!
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
4-6 garlic cloves, chopped
½ teaspoon black pepper
1, 0.5 oz package of fresh basil, de-stemmed and chopped
6 slices of sourdough bread, about ½ a loaf without ends
1 cup part skim ricotta
Balsamic vinegar or glaze, optional for topping
- Preheat oven to broil on LOW. Place oven rack in the middle position.
- In a 9×9 inch baking dish, combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, black pepper and basil leaves until well-combined. If you prefer a more garlicky dish, use 6 cloves, if not use less.
- Once the oven is preheated, place dish in oven and roast until tomatoes darken and burst, about 5 to 10 minutes. Take out halfway to stir for even browning.
- Remove tomatoes from oven to cool.
- Place bread slices on a metal baking sheet and toast at the same oven setting until lightly golden brown, about 30 seconds. Check frequently to avoid burning.
- Once the bread is toasted and taken out, top the bread with ricotta, dish a couple of spoons of the roasted tomato mixture on top. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or glaze if desired. Refrigeration or freezing is not recommended for this recipe and is best consumed immediately.
Serving Size: 3 prepared slices
Calories: 479, Fat: 20g, Protein: 22g, Carbohydrates: 57g, Fiber: 2g, Sodium: 537mg, Potassium: 614mg
Adapted from: https://www.attagirlsays.com/caprese-ricotta-toast/#%f0%9f%a5%98-ingredients-for-caprese-ricotta-toast