Switch up your breakfast routine with this tasty pancake recipe. Packed with 20 grams of protein per serving, they will keep you full and satisfied. It is so easy to make, and you can save the leftovers for the rest of the week. No flipping needed! Add whatever fruit or nuts you have in the house!
2 cups wheat flour
1 ½ cups low-fat cottage cheese
3 egg whites
¾ cup fat-free milk
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
Optional: berries, apples, bananas, chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, slivered almonds
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 6.5 x 9.5-inch sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients for the pancakes in a large bowl until smooth.
- Pour pancake mixture into the sheet pan. Add any of the optional ingredients to the pan now.
- Mix all ingredients for cinnamon sauce in a bowl.
- Pour cinnamon sauce onto pancake mixture in the pan. Use a butter knife to swirl into the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked (if you stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean then it’s ready!)
- Cut into 6 squares and serve. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days or frozen for up to 2 months. Reheat in the microwave.
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (without additional toppings or optional ingredients)
Calories: 283, Fat: 2g, Protein: 20g, Carbohydrates: 50g, Fiber: 4g, Sodium: 446mg