This crockpot broccoli cheddar soup is a lighter version of a classic broccoli cheddar soup, but it is just as creamy and delicious. All made in the slow cooker from start to finish–with simple and nutritious ingredients, making it a great weeknight meal option!
4 hours and 30 minutes
4 cups broccoli, chopped
2 tablespoons plant butter (avocado or olive oil based)
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon black pepper
4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup corn starch
1 cup dairy-free heavy whipping cream
3 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces and place the broccoli, butter, onion, celery, garlic and black pepper into a 7-quart crock pot.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the chicken broth with the cornstarch and add this mixture into the crock pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, until veggies are soft but not mushy.
- Once ready, stir in the heavy whipping cream and cheese. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Stir thoroughly before serving. Store leftovers in containers in the fridge for up to 5 days. This soup can be frozen in freezer safe containers or flat in freezer bags for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight to enjoy the next day.
Serving Size: 1/6th serving
Calories: 398, Fat: 29g, Protein: 20g, Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 2g, Sodium: 803mg
Adapted from: https://www.eatingonadime.com/crockpot-broccoli-cheese-soup/#wprm-recipe-container-61316