Nutrition Fact: October 12th is National Pumpkin Pie day! Celebrate with this diabetic friendly, quick alternative to save about 200 calories, 29g carbohydrates, and 10g of fat compared to traditional pumpkin pie.
Makes: 7 servings
Preparation: 20 minutes
1 (1-oz) package fat-free, sugar-free instant cheesecake pudding mix
1 2/3 cups skim milk
1 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup light whipped topping and 7 tsp, divided
7 gingersnap cookies, crumbled
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Scoop 1/2 cup pudding mixture into each parfait glass.
- Top each with 1 tsp whipped topping and 1 crumbled gingersnap cookie.
Nutritional Information per parfait:
Calories: 100cal, Fat: 2.5g, Carbohydrates: 17g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 3g, Sodium: 250mg