Nutrition Fact: Impress your family at your 4th of July celebration with this lightened up patriotic dessert that is full of disease fighting antioxidants. Both strawberries and blueberries provide an abundance of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals such as vitamin A and Vitamin C. And as a bonus, this dessert provides 11% of your daily calcium needs, which contributes to strong bone development.
Makes: 16 servings
1 box of Graham Crackers
2 cartons (8 ounces) frozen lite whipped topping, thawed, divided
3 cups skim milk
2, 3.4oz packages of instant sugar free, fat free cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
6 cups (2 cartons) fresh strawberries, halved
2 cups (2 cartons) fresh blueberries
- Using an electric mixer, mix pudding mix with 3 cups cold, skim milk until thick (1-2 minutes).
- Lightly fold in 1 container of lite cool whip.
- Arrange 7 graham crackers on bottom of 9×13” pan.
- Layer ½ pudding mixture, 1-2 cups strawberries ½ cup blueberries over graham crackers.
- Add another layer of 7 graham crackers, ½ pudding mixtures, 1-2 cups strawberries, ½ cup blueberries.
- Add another layer of 7 graham crackers.
- Top with the other tub of cool whip.
- Arrange remaining blueberries in a square to resemble American flag stars and remaining strawberries in lines to resemble American Flag Stripes.
Calories: 217cal, Fat: 5g, Carbohydrates: 41g, Sugar: 18g, Protein: 4g, Sodium: 382mg, Calcium: 117mg
Adapted From: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/patriotic-dessert