Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 5 servings
Summer is a great time of the year to take advantage of seasonal vegetable options. This colorful dish can be used as a side dish or meatless meal option. It can also be made ahead and ready to go for a quick weekday meal.
1 ¼ cups uncooked orzo pasta
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1 clove minced garlic
Extra virgin olive oil spray
1 small red onion, quartered
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 4 pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 4 pieces
1 large zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
1 teaspoon salt
Black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup basil, chopped
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water and transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine the orzo with tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic then set aside.
- Spray the onion, bell peppers, and zucchini with the olive oil spray and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Grill the vegetables in a grill basket for 10-12 minutes or until lightly charred and tender, turning halfway.
- Let the vegetables cool slightly, then dice into 1/2–inch pieces.
- Add the vegetables to the bowl with the orzo and toss with the remaining olive oil and vinegar and top with the basil.
Serving Size: 1 1/3 cup
Calories: 267, Fat: 9g, Protein: 6.5g, Carbohydrates: 39g, Fiber: 4g, Sodium: 470mg