Grilled Pizza with Pesto, Tomatoes & Feta
Turn a classic Friday night, take-out favorite into a grilling activity for the entire family. Use store-bought pizza dough and pesto from a jar to make this recipe come together in less time than it takes the delivery man to arrive. You’ll save money and calories while spending quality time outdoors.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat
1/2 cup prepared pesto
4 ripe plum tomatoes, thinly slices
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, place dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-inch round crust,
about 1/4 inch thick. Place crusts on a floured baking sheet. Carry crusts and toppings out to the grill.
- Lay crusts on grill (they won’t stay perfectly round). Cover grill and cook until crusts are lightly puffed and undersides are lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Using tongs, flip crusts. Immediately spread pesto over crusts. Top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with feta and pepper.
- Cover grill and cook until the undersides are lightly browned, about 3 minutes more. Sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information per serving (1 individual pizza)
Calories: 455cal, Fat: 24g, Protein: 17g, Carbohydrates: 49g, Fiber: 4g, Sodium: 712mg