Consider Healthy Lifestyle Changes Intimidating? Think Again!
We all know that life can be overwhelming- job, kids, spouses, volunteer activities, etc. So it is no wonder that making healthy lifestyle changes seems intimidating and almost impossible. Who wants to eat salads for every single meal, never eat a French fry or chocolate again, and exercise every single day? The answer is NO ONE!
The GOOD news is that healthy lifestyles do not have to be overwhelming or intimidating! Implementing small, healthy changes can be easy and adds up to big successes (e.g. weight loss and reduced risk of chronic diseases including diabetes and heart disease). Often, a bit of professional advice and guidance is all it takes to maintain successful lifestyle changes, and the Registered Dietitians at Avance Care can do just that. The National Weight Control Registry (NWCR) analyzed behaviors of individuals who have successfully lost at least 30 pounds and maintained that weight loss for at least a year. They found that 55% of these individuals attributed their weight loss success to receiving advice and support from a professional. Having a professional accountability partner can not only provide you with the knowledge needed to enact lifestyle change, but it can help you sustain the motivation needed for change.
The dietitians at Avance Care work alongside you to provide individualized nutrition education and counseling that works with your lifestyle. In addition to providing nutrition education, the dietitians strive to provide you with the appropriate tools needed to make recommended changes. For example, Avance Care dietitians offer individualized meal plans, grocery store tours, recipe books, mindful eating techniques, and body composition testing to determine your metabolic rate and individual calorie needs.
Patients who have completed nutrition counseling at Avance Care have seen up to a 100-pound weight loss within 12 months, significant reductions in blood sugar, up to 106 mg/dl reduction in LDL cholesterol and up to 395 mg/dl reduction in triglycerides.
• L.H is a 48-year-old female who accomplished a 99-pound weight loss and 17.32-point drop in her body mass index (BMI) within one year. She raised her good cholesterol (HDL) from 64 to
• E. L. is a 70-year-old female with newly diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes. With the assistance of her dietitian, she drastically reduced her sugar intake, which helped her accomplish a 12-pound weight loss, and saw a 50% decrease in blood sugars within three months. Furthermore, she was able to come off of all of her insulin.
• N.E. is a 26-year-old female with Type 2 Diabetes and high cholesterol. After undergoing nutrition counseling at Avance Care, she reduced sugary foods and began preparing more meals at home. She lost 15 pounds, reduced her total cholesterol by 51%, and significantly reduced her blood sugars.
• R.W. is a 56-year-old male who increased his fruit and vegetable intake to 10 servings a day after his dietitian taught him how to purchase and prepare fresh fruit and vegetables using
a variety of recipes at home. The grocery shopping and cooking skills he learned during his nutrition counseling sessions helped him to reach his desired weight loss goal eight months earlier than initially anticipated. R.W. was able to lose 20.8% of his body weight and reduce his body mass index (BMI) by 7.4. He is currently at his lowest adult body weight and no longer considered obese!
• M.K. is a 43-year-old male with Type 2 Diabetes who has lost 34 pounds and was able to come off of ALL his diabetes medications. He is now managing his diabetes through healthy lifestyle alone.
“With the help of Avance Nutrition Services and the staff at Avance Care, I have lost over 20 pounds and my lab work is much better. I am now leading a happier and healthy life.”-D.B.
“Using Avance Nutrition Services has been life-changing for me. I had spent years
Want to hear some more good news? Most insurance plans will cover nutrition services provided by a Registered Dietitian/Licensed Nutritionist! Avance Care provides in-network services to most members of Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS), United Health Care, and Medicare. If you do not have coverage for nutrition services, Avance Care offers affordable out-of-pocket rates. Nutrition visits are available as a 3 or 6 visit bundle. The 3 visit bundle is $300 with a single upfront payment. The 6 visit bundle is $500 with two installments of $250 each to be paid at the first two visits. The 3 visit-bundle includes an initial 90-minute assessment/education session, a 60-minute second session that includes an individualized meal plan and a 60-minute third session that includes body composition testing. The 6 visit bundle includes an individualized grocery store tour and two additional
So what are you waiting for?! Contact our nutrition coordinators today at (877) 390-5525 to book your first nutrition appointment with one of our qualified registered dietitians, and start your journey to health and happiness through small, healthy lifestyle changes!