Written by: Grace Burton, MS, RDN, LDN
Try this easy, flavorful recipe for a quick lunch option – if you boil the eggs ahead of time, you can make this meal come together in 5 minutes. The avocado incorporates heart-healthy fats into a typically mayonnaise-heavy recipe. Pair with whole grain bread, crackers, or a tortilla and add a fruit or veggie side for a balanced meal!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 3 servings
½ medium-sized avocado
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
Everything but the bagel seasoning to top (optional)
- Place 6 eggs in a large pot and fill with cold water to cover by at least an inch.
- Bring eggs to a boil, cover, and remove from heat.
- After 10 minutes, place the eggs in an ice bath for an additional 10 minutes to cool and stop the cooking process.
- Remove the peel and mash the eggs in a large bowl with the avocado.
- Add in remaining ingredients and combine with a fork. Season to taste.
Serving Size: 1/3 recipe
Calories: 230, Fat: 18g, Protein: 14g, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 5g, Sodium: 292mg
Adapted from: https://broccyourbody.com/2021/05/14/avocado-egg-salad/