Tofu is a great source of plant-based protein without any added fats or cholesterol. This is a quick and easy recipe for meal prep or dinner. Add any steamable bag of veggies and brown rice for a complete and nourishing meal!
10 to 12 minutes
1 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained
¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
Sesame seeds, optional for garnish
Yum yum sauce, optional for garnish
- Place tofu block between paper towels and press to absorb water. Repeat until tofu is dry, and no more water comes out, for about 1 to 2 minutes. Once dry, slice into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red chili flakes. Add the tofu and stir to cover. Let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil.
- Transfer the tofu to the air fryer in a single layer and air fry at 370 degrees Fahrenheit, about 10 to 12 minutes. Halfway through, shake the basket so that the other side of the tofu also crisps to a golden brown.
- Serve immediately and garnish with sesame seeds and yum yum sauce if desired.
- Store any unused cooked tofu in a tight plastic for up to 6 to 7 days. Freezing cooked tofu is not recommended, as it can become a chewier texture.
Serving Size: 1 serving
Calories: 179, Fat: 10g, Protein: 17g, Carbohydrates: 4g, Fiber: 0g, Sodium: 565mg
Adapted from: https://www.skinnytaste.com/sriracha-tofu/