Avance Care Beginnings
We believe, in this ever-changing world of health care reform, an organization that is efficient, generates better outcomes, and provides exceptional patient experience, will always be successful. High-quality primary care should be convenient, affordable, and efficient.
Our inception in 2008 was founded on the notion that urgent care-type convenience, hospitality industry-type customer focus, and efficiency based on the focused use of technology could be defining characteristics of a primary medical care setting. The objective has always been to keep patients healthy and reduce overall health care cost. With a tremendous effort since inception, we have developed systems to implement a replicable model of Comprehensive Primary Care – Avance Care.
Avance Care currently operates thirteen locations that serve over 60,000 patients. Several new locations are planned for the future.
Avance Care Vision
Dedicated to improving the lives of our staff, associates, and patients.
Avance Care Mission
Simplify healthcare for patients, providers, and payers, and reduce cost by employing an efficient model of comprehensive primary care that provides an exceptional experience and improved outcomes due to patient-centered focus on access, prevention, disease management, and continuous improvement using innovative tools and compassionate people.
Innovative Core Values
We have been operating our innovative primary care practice model since 2008 and have invested heavily in developing appropriate systems and technologies to be successful in this ever-changing healthcare market.
- NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH 2014) Level 3 Recognitions
- NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP 2012) Recognitions
- Blue Quality Physician Program Level Three
- United Healthcare Premium Designation for both Quality and Cost
- Bridges to Excellence Recognition
with Our Patients
- We are not an urgent care
- We promote patient/physician interaction and continuity so we can tremendously affect a patient’s compliance with a treatment plan or a wellness regimen
Access to Care When
Our Patients Need Us
- Open 7 days a week, weekends, and evenings
- Same-day appointments available every day
- Most appointments scheduled within 24 hours of the request
Online Capabilities Including Smartphone Apps
- Real-Time Appointments
- Access to Lab and X-Ray Reports
- Prescription Refill Request
- Referral Request
- Preventive Care Alerts
- Electronic PHR (Personal Health Record)
- Email and LiveChat Communication with Administrative Staff
- Secured Email Communication with your doctor and our medical staff
Avance Care streamlines the relationship between patient and provider.
- Work-life balance – work 40 hours or less per week
- Patient load of less than 3 patients per hour
- Well-screened, qualified support staff
- Functional EHR continuously improved for ease of operation and communication, patient engagement, and streamlined workflow
- Paperless, highly-efficient operation
- Robust care coordination processes
- Robust and continuously-improved clinical reporting
- Professional Contract, Quality Initiative, and Regulatory support
- Normal mode of operation designed around NCQA PCMH requirements
- Training – initial and ongoing support – EHR, workflow, documentation, and coding
- Not responsible for any HR/Financial tasks
- Highly functional, accountable, and available IT support
- We have built a unique organization which has experienced tremendous growth accompanied by decisively-sound business results. Going forward, Avance Care wants to continue its balancing of accomplishment – healthy patients and a healthy business.
- An important objective for Avance Care is maintaining long-term operating stability – our practice’s future is dependent on patient satisfaction and proper fiscal management. We believe a healthy business will allow Avance Care to be part of our patients’ lives and the community for years to come.
- A significant part of our stability is a result of maintaining superior proprietary operating systems, which secures quality while also offering the best in terms of technology and access. We continuously seek improvement to our operations and will not settle for just “status quo”.
- We cultivate an environment of satisfied healthcare professionals who enjoy being part of our unique practice. Being part of our family ensures that your healthcare professional is there when you need them.
Our Future is Growth
- Avance Care has averaged 40%+ growth since its inception – this has been challenging to accomplish but we feel it has been worth the sacrifice and effort. We will continue to innovate and to expand our practice model to be regarded as a pioneer within the healthcare industry.
- We currently have thirteen locations.
- Our vision is to expand to 15 Triangle locations by 2019, and eventually to mirror that growth in several other metro areas in NC and other states. Our team believes that you just cannot stop a good thing from reaching its full potential. Avance Care’s goal is to become a national leader in primary care.
Differentiators in Practice
- Enhanced Patient Experience – purposefully enhanced the patient experience through a better physical experience: our offices are welcoming and efficient, have reduced wait times, better billing, and greater communication between patients and providers – increased time with providers – each patient receiving a more holistic consultation.
- Reduced Costs – deployment of technology to lower costs for each stakeholder – patients, payers, and the company.
- Greater Efficiency – improved patient experience and quality of care through utilization of proprietary technology – state-of-the-art, paperless medical facility.
- Insurance – We accept all major insurance providers.
- Clear Pricing Model – Self-pay patients find that nothing is ever hidden regarding our fees. You know what to expect up-front.
- Advanced Appointment Scheduling – Same day or within 24 hours.
- Wait Times – Streamlined operation that minimizes average wait times to less than 15 minutes. Our providers see an average 2.5 patients/hour, allowing them time to provide comprehensive primary care.
- Medical Care for All Ages – Our providers are family physicians, family nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
- Work-Life Balance – Our providers don’t work more than 40 hours a week.
- Comprehensive Services Under One Roof – Nutrition, Behavioral Wellness and Counseling, Care Management, Pharmacy, Allergy services, and much more.