This easy tart is a flavorful way to add some vegetables to your morning routine (or any side throughout the day). Using fresh summer vegetables like zucchini and tomatoes, this can be done with any vegetables you have on hand.
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons za’atar spice
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Mix zucchini, tomato, onion, olive oil, salt, pepper, and za’atar spice in a medium bowl.
- Roll out the puff pastry to about 10×14 and place on lined baking sheet.
- Take a fork and poke holes in the puff pastry, leaving about a 1-inch border around.
- Top the pastry with the zucchini mix leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until pastry is golden brown.
Serving Size: 1/6 of tart
Calories: 280, Fat: 20g, Protein: 5g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Fiber:2g, Sodium: 180mg
Adapted from: https://www.177milkstreet.com/recipes/tomato-zucchini-tart-with-zaatar-and-feta-cookish