Medication Therapy Management
We know how difficult it can be to manage several medications at once. Between calling for refills and making multiple trips to the pharmacy, you are left with hardly any time to focus on what is most important—your health.
We are here to help. Our Avance Care Clinical Pharmacists team up with your Primary Care Provider to make sure that you are getting the most from your treatment plan. Through our free Medication Therapy Management service, we help you take charge of your medication regimen.
Medication-related problems and medication mismanagement are a massive public health problem in the United States. Studies show that patients correctly retain only 14% of what their doctor tells them at the point of care. As a result, 20-30% of prescriptions are never filled, 70% of patients do not renew their prescriptions after the first year, and up to 50% of patients prescribed a medication are non-adherent. According to the American Pharmacist Association, “There are an estimated 1.5 million preventable adverse events each year that result in $177 billion in injury and death.”
We believe integrating pharmacists into primary care can prevent avoidable healthcare costs by increasing patient adherence, optimizing prescription regimens, and preventing medication related-complications.
Medication Therapy Management is a custom service from Clinical Pharmacists at Avance Care. The service links patients, providers, and pharmacists to comprehensively manage chronic conditions and medications. It is designed to address avoidable adverse events related to medication management, aims to improve outcomes and quality of life for patients, and reduce the overall cost to their families and the health care system.
What is Medication Therapy Management?
The Medication Therapy Management Program is a custom service for Avance Care patients with health conditions that are prescribed multiple medications. The program is designed to simplify medication treatment plans and ensure that your medications are working safely, effectively and are at the best price available.
Questions Our Pharmacists Can Answer:
- Is there a way to lower my medication co-pays?
- How and why am I taking so many medications?
- Am I using my inhaler correctly?
- Is this symptom a side effect of my medication?
- Can I take an over -the-counter version of my medicine?
- Comprehensive review of medication you take with a clinical pharmacist
- Review and help you reduce your out-of-pocket medication cost
- Review possible side effects and interaction of prescribed medications
- Explain to you how to take the prescribed medications and benefit the most from them
- Organizing daily medications, doses and instructions for use
- Get your questions or concerns addressed
How Do I Get Medication Therapy Management?
- If you qualify, your Avance Care provider will refer you to Avance’s clinical pharmacist
- You will receive a call to setup an appointment to be seen by a clinical pharmacist at your Avance location
- Your out of pocket cost is same as your copay for office visit to Avance Care
Avance Pharmacist Consultation also offers evidence based disease state management (both pharmacological and behavior support) for complex patients with multiple disease states such as diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, heart failure, asthma, COPD, tobacco cessation, obesity, just to name a few. We can ensure that patient assistance including manufacturer or disease state grant is applied for the patients that are uninsured or under-insured including those in the Medicare Part D coverage gap.