No need to order take-out with this simple pizza option. You can enjoy it as an appetizer or pair it with a soup or salad for an entrée option. Many grocery stores carry whole wheat pizza dough which will provide some extra fiber. Feel free to add additional toppings of your choice like onions, peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni, or prosciutto.
1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, fresh prepared
1 tablespoon olive oil
¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, halved or quartered
½ cup basil leaves, loosely packed
2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Place a 17×12 inch baking sheet in the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stretch the pizza dough into a 15×10 inch rectangle on a large sheet of parchment paper. Brush the dough evenly with oil. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. Transfer the dough to the hot baking sheet in preheated oven. Bake until the crust starts to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the oven and top evenly with the cheese and tomatoes. Return to the oven and bake until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Sprinkle with the basil and remaining ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Slice it into 6 pieces.
- Leftover pizza can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Serving Size: 1/6 of the pizza
Calories: 309, Fat: 12g, Protein: 11g, Carbohydrates: 39g, Fiber: 3.5g, Sodium: 585mg
Adapted from: https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/275492/sheet-pan-caprese-pizza/