This versatile one-pot pressure cooker meal is perfect for any summer occasion, or simply a fast and simple nourishing meal to gather around the table with! With a few simple ingredients you can enjoy not only the savory shredded beef but the nutrient rich benefits of this fantastic protein source, including immune boosting zinc and vitamin A, anti-inflammatory omega fatty acids, brain boosting choline, and an array of minerals your body thrives on. Serve as a burrito bowl with fresh pico de gallo and grass-fed cheddar cheese, or on tacos with your choice of toppings!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2.5 hours
Makes: 10 servings
2.5 pounds grass fed beef, sirloin cut or roast
1 cup beef bone broth
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon cumin
2 teaspoons garlic, granules
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon real salt
- Place your beef on a clean cutting board and cut into 2-inch cubes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to your pressure cooker and stir well to combine. Add the beef to the pressure cooker with the cooking liquid, evenly covering the bottom of the pot.
- Attach the lid and set your pressure cooker to Hi for 2.5 hours.
- Once the pressure cooker turns off and the pressure is safely released, remove the beef with a straining spoon into a large bowl. Shred your beef apart with two forks (the beef should fall apart for an easy shred). If it is difficult to shred, place back into the pressure cooker for another 30 minutes on HI to further cook the meat.
- Add as much cooking liquid as you desire to the beef and serve with your toppings of choice to make tacos, burrito bowls, or your dish of preference.
This beef can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week and frozen for up to 3 months.
Serving Size: 4 oz
Calories: 149, Fat: 5g, Protein: 25g, Carbohydrates: 1g, Fiber: 0g, Sodium: 300mg