Get ready for a texture sensation with this creamy flan recipe! It’s like a dessert dream come true, combining the silky smoothness of creamy custard with a sweet caramel topping. With simple steps and a dash of excitement, you can create a delicious treat that will have everyone asking for seconds!
1 cup sugar
1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
5 large eggs, room temperature
1 can (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
1 can (12-ounce) evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat sugar over medium-low heat until melted and golden, about 15 minutes. Quickly pour into an ungreased 2-quart round baking dish, tilting the dish to evenly coat the bottom. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and insert a large baking pan that is 2 inches deep. Pour water into the larger pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth, using a hand mixer at low speed. Beat in eggs one at a time until thoroughly combined. Add remaining ingredients and mix well, continuing at low speed to prevent too many bubbles from forming. Pour over caramelized sugar dish.
- Place the caramelized flan dish in the larger baking pan of water and bake until the center is just set (mixture will jiggle), for about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove dish from the larger pan to a wire rack. Cool for at least 1 hour before cutting or refrigerate overnight for the next day.
- Run a knife around the edge to unmold and invert onto a large, rimmed serving platter. Cut into wedges onto dessert plates and spoon some of the caramel sauce over each serving.
- Store the flan in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. It is not recommended to freeze the flan.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 345, Fat: 16g, Protein: 10g, Carbohydrates: 41g, Sodium: 189mg
Adapted from: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/creamy-caramel-flan/