These easy to make spiced pumpkin doughnuts will make your home dance with the warm Fall fragrances that everyone will enjoy! With a few simple ingredients and a few minutes in the oven, even the kids will love creating this delicious home treat. Gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo friendly! This recipe can also be modified for those keeping sugar consumption low and inflammation at bay!
1 cup blanched almond flour (substitute tigernut flour for nut free)
1/3 cup arrowroot flour
1/2 cup diced apple of choice, small pieces
¼ tsp real salt
½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground ginger
1/3 tsp ground cloves
2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
1/3 cup swerve or monk fruit confectioners sugar (or regular)
3 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin (pureed)
8 oz Kite Hill cream cheese or regular cream cheese
½ cup Lily’s pumpkin chips, or chips of choice
½ cup almond milk (or preferred milk of choice)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin spice
¼ cup pumpkin (pureed)
3 tbsp swerve or monk fruit confectioners sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Grease your doughnut pan or silicon mold.
- Combine your almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl, mix together your coconut oil, sweetener, eggs, and pumpkin until smooth.
- Carefully stir your wet ingredients into the dry until well combined.
- Spoon batter into the pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes for standard size doughnuts.
- While your doughnuts are baking, add the ingredients for your glaze into a pot and place over the stove on medium low heat, stirring for 3-4 minutes until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Once your doughnuts are cooked through, remove them from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Drizzle with glaze and serve!
Serving size: 1 Doughnut
Calories: 258, Fat: 20g, Protein: 7g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 4g, Sodium: 168mg