This easy salmon dish is the perfect nutrient dense entrée for any busy weeknight. Packed with flavor and freshness, this dish will provide tons of nutrient value such as omega 3’s and healthy fats. Pair with roasted asparagus or any of your favorite vegetables to make a balanced healthy meal.
2 pounds salmon filet (ideally wild caught)
¼ cup light mayonnaise
¼ cup grated parmesan
3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons dried dill*
3 tablespoons dried parsley*
3 tablespoons dried basil*
Salt and pepper, to taste
*If you are using fresh herbs, you will want to add more than 3 tablespoons.
- Pat dry the salmon filet on both sides with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, parmesan, garlic, and herbs until well combined. Set it aside.
- Place salmon filet skin side down onto the sheet pan. Cover the salmon with another piece of foil. Partially bake in oven for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan carefully and discard the top piece of aluminum foil. Spread the mayonnaise and herb mixture on top of the salmon filet. Cover evenly.
- Return to the oven, uncovered, and bake until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees Fahrenheit or more (or until desired cook), about 15 minutes. You want the top to be slightly browned and the fish is flaky with a fork.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.
Serving Size: 1/6 salmon
Calories: 320, Fat: 15.8g, Protein: 40g, Carbohydrates: 1.5g, Fiber: 0.1g, Sodium: 228mg
Adapted from: https://www.skinnytaste.com/parmesan-herb-baked-salmon/#recipe