COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
**Due to limited supplies, Avance Care does not carry the vaccine at any locations at this time. We will continue to update with information as it becomes available.
COVID-19 vaccinations now available to people 75 and older. Because vaccine supplies are still limited, those 75 and over may have to wait, but they have one of the first spots to take their shot.
If you are 75 or over—or assisting someone who is—here is how to take your shot against COVID-19:
- Supplies are very limited. Right now, very few vaccine doses are available.
- You will need an appointment to get vaccinated. You may have to wait to schedule your appointment to get your vaccine.
- Your local health department or hospital can help you get your shot. Because supplies are very limited, Avance Care practices do not have vaccine available now.
- When we are aware of specific opportunities for our Avance patients to receive the vaccine, we will notify you via email. Our local practices do not have vaccine available now.
- Find your local health department at YourSpotYourShot.nc.gov (https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/vaccines) where you will find contact information for local health departments and hospitals giving vaccinations in your area. You can search by county or organization name to find contact information (phone number, website, or email address).
- You can also call the COVID-19 Line 1-877-490-6642. It’s a free call. The COVID-19 Line is managed by Community Care of North Carolina.
We will continue to update as more information becomes available and as more of our patients become eligible to receive vaccine.
Here is more information available from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
You have a spot, take your shot:
Joanne M. Fruth, MD, MA, FAAFP
Avance Care Chief Medical Officer