This super easy and light salad can be doubled or tripled for a family. You can vary it up by roasting the chickpeas for added texture. To make a complete meal, increase the amount of chickpeas or add another lean protein source like chicken breast or fish. This salad is refreshing and packed with antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats.
8 asparagus spears, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1/8 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 cups greens of choice – such as spinach spring mix
1 radish, thinly sliced
1/8 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
¼ avocado, sliced
1/8 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
16 pistachios, shelled, roasted
1 tablespoon mint, minced
1 tablespoon basil, minced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
Kosher salt to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Have an ice bath available.
- Boil asparagus for 1 minute and drain – until bright green. Immediately put into ice bath.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for the dressing. Toss asparagus and peas in the dressing. Set aside.
- Place salad greens on the bottom of the plate. Top with the asparagus mixture.
- Sprinkle radishes, feta cheese, chickpeas, avocado, and pistachios around the salad and enjoy.
Serving Size: 1 salad
Calories: 383, Fat: 23g, Protein: 16g, Carbohydrates: 32g, Fiber: 14g, Sodium: 541mg