This nutrient-rich recipe is bursting with color and flavor. A one-pot meal such as this one is perfect for a busy weeknight. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, and the clean-up is even easier! Satisfy the whole family with this balanced dish.
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ pound lean ground beef
1 (15oz) can black beans
1 (10oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
3 cups cauliflower, riced *can be frozen
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
1 avocado, diced
1 tomato, diced
¼ cup red onion, diced
- Add the minced garlic, olive oil, and ground beef to a large skillet and cook over medium heat until the ground beef is browned, 7 to 10 minutes. If you’re using high fat content beef, you may want to drain off the excess fat before the next step.
- Drain and rinse the can of black beans and add them to the skillet along with the diced tomatoes with green chilis (not drained), chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook until the skillet is simmering.
- Add the rice cauliflower to the skillet (no need to thaw, if frozen). Continue to stir and cook over medium heat until the cauliflower is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Top the beef and cauliflower mixture with the shredded cheddar. Place a lid on the skillet, and let it heat over medium for a few minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Once the cheese is melted, top the skillet with the tomato, avocado, and red onion. Serve immediately. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Calories: 464, Fat: 28g, Protein: 24g, Carbohydrates: 34g, Fiber: 14, Sodium: 359mg
Adapted from: https://www.budgetbytes.com/beef-and-cauliflower-taco-skillet/