Accepted Health Insurance Plans
Avance Care participates with most major insurance carriers. If you have questions regarding coverage, and what (if any) co-payments, co-insurances, and deductibles will be your responsibility, please contact your employer or your insurance company.
This list covers insurance plans accepted by Avance Care in 2023. It is not all-inclusive, is updated periodically, and may be subject to change.
- Secondary Plans: Avance Care is in-network with all plans secondary to Medicare, except for Medicaid**.
- Commercial Secondary Plans: plans that are not secondary to Medicare primary must be in-network.
Important – *denotes a Medicare Plan
Aetna and Aetna CVS
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna EPO
- Aetna Select
- Open Access Aetna Select
- Aetna Elect Choice
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna/First Health Network
- Aetna WholeHealth
- Aetna Meritain
- *Aetna Medicare Advantage
Please note: Duke Basic or Select is not accepted
- BCBS of NC (HMO, POS, PPO)
- Any BCBS with no PPO in the suitcase, except Blue Home, is out of network.
- BCBS Federal Employee Program (FEP)
- BCBS State Health Plan (SHP)
- BCBS Blue Select
- Blue Value
- Anthem BCBS
- CareFirst BCBS
- Blue Home w/ UNC Health Alliance
- Blue Home (Novant) Charlotte practice locations only.
- Clear Pricing Project (CPP)
- *Blue Medicare Advantage
- *Experience Health MA HMO
Please note: Blue Local (Wake Forest Baptist), Blue Local (Atrium), Healthy Blue + Medicare (Prefix L7H) is not accepted
- Cigna PPO
- Cigna HMO, EPO
- Cigna Open Access HMO, POS, OAP, Plus
- Cigna Open Access + Carelink
- Great West Healthcare – Cigna Cigna EPO
- *Cigna Medicare Advantage Cigna Connect
- Cigna Connect
- Cigna Connect HMO
Please note: Cigna Sure Fit is not accepted
- Humana PPO, Indemnity
- Humana Choice Care
- Humana Gold/Gold Plus/HMO plans (please confirm Avance Care or Avance PCP is listed)
- *Humana Choice PPO
- MedCost Benefit Services
- MedCost Preferred
- Liberty Health Share/Medcost is not accepted
- Atrium LiveWell Health Plan-Avance Care is in-network (3rd Tier): Group 300 is not in network
- Multiplan (Please read) Most plans have the ‘Multiplan” logo on the insurance card as a secondary network. If the insurance card says First health, Cigna, United, Aetna, etc. for the provider network, we typically are in network. If the card only says Multiplan or PHCS listed, we are not in network.
- Medicare and Medicare Advantage accepted by Behavioral Health and Avance Care Psychiatry- Charlotte.
Please note: MVP Health Care is not accepted. Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans not accepted at Avance Care Psychiatry- Brier Creek.
- Corporate Benefits Service
- First Health
- Tricare/Champ VA
- Medicaid accepted only at Avance Care Broad Street in Durham, NC
Please note: Tricare and Champ VA are accepted only as a secondary plan to Medicare. Tricare is not accepted by Behavioral Health.
- UHC Choice /ChoicePlus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
- Golden Rule
- Oxford Health Plans
- OneNet PPO
- United Healthcare Heritage
- UHC of the River Valley
- UHC Compass/Core/Navigator
- UHC All Saver Alternative Funding
- UHC Travelers
- United Healthcare Student Resources
- *UnitedHealthcare Medicare (HMO, POS, PPO, RPPO)
- *United Healthcare Secure Horizons
- *AARP Medicare Complete
Please note: UHC Community Plan is not accepted
Out of Network plans
- We are not in network with Ambetter, Bright Health, WellCare, Medicaid**, and GHI/Emblehealth.
**Medicaid accepted only at Avance Care Broad Street in Durham, NC