Anyone can develop an emotional or mental health condition. In fact, the National Institute of Mental Health reveals that 1 in 5 adults in the U.S. experience mental illness in a given year and 1 in 25 adults experiences a mental illness that substantially interferes with or limits one or more major life activities.
The use of psychotherapeutic medications, when combined with psychotherapy, can be a life saver for many who struggle with mental health disorders. Avance Care’s psychiatry program specializes in diagnoses, treatment, and prevention of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders, and provides medication management options.
Dr. Rakesh completed his residency at Duke University Medical Center. He has experience treating patients with depression, schizophrenia, anxiety, PTSD, and substance abuse. Dr. Rakesh focuses on using a well-balanced combination of psychiatric medications and psychotherapy to treat behavioral disorders.
Benefits of Our Psychiatry Program
The psychiatrist has access to your ongoing medical record, current medications, laboratory data and additional diagnostic testing. This information can be difficult to obtain in the traditional outpatient practice and allows the psychiatrist to treat more effectively. They will work with your primary care provider to coordinate your care.
How it Works:
Initial comprehensive assessment with one of our behavioral therapists.
Clinical evaluation with psychiatrist for medication initiation and management.
Ongoing care will be provided by your primary care provider, behavioral therapist, and clinical pharmacist.
Patients placed on long-term medication treatment plans will be supervised by their primary care provider with periodic visits to the psychiatrist to monitor the continual effectiveness of the medication.
Who is Eligible for This Service?
- Psychiatric services are available only to Blue Cross Blue Shield and United Healthcare members.
- Any person struggling to manage the symptoms associated with: depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, ADHD, schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, hallucinations, borderline personality disorder are good candidates for this program.
Ask your primary care provider for a referral.
Cost to You:
- Our coordinator will contact your insurance to confirm your Behavioral Wellness benefits.
- A psychiatrist visit is a specialist co-pay.
- $135 comprehensive clinical assessment with behavioral therapist.
- $150 medication management per visit with psychiatrist.